Sunday, June 10, 2012

Shoulding All Over Yourself


I should have cleaned the bathroom today.
I should have called you back.
I should have returned the Redbox. 
I should have grocery shopped.
I should have said “I’m sorry.”
I should have been kinder.


Should should should should should.  For the love, stop shoulding all over yourself.  Should is spoiled and rotten.  Seriously, STOP that.  You won’t be any worse off, I promise.    

Shoulding is particularly obnoxious because in response to all your own shoulding-around you can even think “I should be doing something instead of just shoulding.”  And maybe you mean it.  But really…



Nike was onto some serious hoopla with the JUST DO IT push.  As difficult as it can be, for whatever reason you’re shoulding all over yourself, you just need to DO something.  Or realize that you already are doing something.  Important.  Really important.  You can do one thing.  Right now.  God gives you enough time every day to do His Will. 

Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.  God can’t steer a parked car.  We need you and your wonderful self.  Get a move on, my friend.  You’ll enjoy the ride.



No comments: